articles published summer 2007
These are the articles that kept me busy and having fun this summer.
The Hana Hou ones should eventually be online, I’ll link em up when they are. I dont think HI Luxury has a website.
- “A Whole New Light: ARTafterDARK events bring an eclectic crowd to the Honolulu Academy of Arts,” my first article for a new magazine! Photos by Chris McDonough.
Hana Hou: The Magazine of Hawaiian Airlines
- “Sonic Room,” late night impressions from Lotus Soundbar in Waikiki. Part of a larger article called “After 10: ‘Awa, kilts and coco puffs: excursions into Honolulu’s late-night latitudes.” Photos by Sergio Goes.
- “Get Your Kicks,” round-up of specialty sneakers with Hawaii designers collaborating on styles including the Aloha Dunk, Sig Zane Converse and shoes for Gravis and Run Athletics. Photo by Dana Edmonds.
- “Funkify Yourself,” profile of an off-beat Chinatown boutique. Photo by Sergio Goes.
- “Room for a View: Projects influence how we see Waikiki,” cover story for the University of Hawaii alumni magazine. Photos by Rowen Tabusa, plus historical photographs recast by visual artist Gaye Chan.